Santa Jose, CA
Vice President of Technology
Hope Services seeks a Vice President of Technology. Please click to view the full position description or to nominate/apply.
Reporting to the CFO and the CEO, the Vice President of Technology’s (VPT) primary responsibility is to provide for stable, secure, documented, scalable and responsive systems that address the needs of internal and external Hope users. There are several components, including:
- Office & Collaboration Tech, Help Desk for over 600 MS/Windows laptops and other devices.
- Core Systems that Advance Hope’s Mission which include Netsmart/Avatar’s Electronic Health Records, Case Management, Practice Management, Managed Services and associated functionality; Hope Learning Services website providing interactive training under the sub-brand “Hope to Home; other systems
- Internal Infrastructure Systems include the Microsoft Dynamics SL platform; Salesforce; and point of sale systems; etc.
- Website is fairly standard and desktop-oriented, using WordPress.
- Security & Privacy – Hope was attacked by a ransomware criminal gang, and Black Mountain Dynamics was retained to help the organization recover and secure all systems. Hope will continue to invest in security and privacy protections.
- Future: Tech-Assisted Services will include, a comprehensive, branded, customer service portal for staff and client use; and a portal for telemedicine services.
The IT Department has a staff of 6 and significant consulting relationships with a broad range of tech service providers. It is the VPT’s job to ensure that systems cost-efficiently meet the functional requirements of Hope Services, its community, business and other partners.
Founded more than 60 years ago, Hope supports over 3,500 individuals and families annually who navigate developmental and behavioral challenges, and employs about 650 full-time employees and another 200 part-time staff. A broad array of programs are offered in San Francisco Bay Area counties, and the FY21 operating budget is $52M. Hope’s culture is about compassion; services that deliver long-term improvements to the lives of clients in ways they define and value; approaches that engage all in the community; and an operating infrastructure that is lean, efficient, secure and highly functional.
We appreciate you sharing the position description with your network, and also any nominations you might have.
For additional information or to apply, please contact Mark Oppenheim or Oscar Quiros at info[at]moppenheim[dot]com.