Santa Monica, CA
Vice President of Individual Giving
m/Oppenheim Associates is assisting After School All Stars in the search for an experienced and dynamic Vice President of Individual Giving (VP) to lead management and implementation of fund development strategies for the region, to build the individual and corporate donor base and to manage a portfolio of major donor prospects in a highly visible, external facing role. For more information please review the complete Position Description.
With 17 chapters or branches, After School All Stars (ASAS) is the largest school-based after-school program provider in the USA, and with a recent $4m grant to fund expansion ASAS is adding new locations and staff during the remainder of 2015 and in 2016. ASAS currently serves students in 15 major cities across the country: Atlanta, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, and Washington DC. 93% of ASAS students are minority, 86% qualify for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program and 62% are in the middle school grades.
For more than 20 years, After-School All-Stars has provided free, high-quality after-school programs to low-income, inner-city youth across the country, now reaching 87,000 students on nearly 370 school sites. ASAS is raising the bar and helping students succeed in school and in life by treating “All Stars” as family; to be healthy and active; to graduate high school and go on to college; to find a job that they love and to give back to their communities. ASAS achieves its goals by identifying and fueling students’ individual passions, tying their interests to tailored academic support, and enrichment, health and fitness programming. After-School All-Stars gives its students a safe-haven during the “danger zone” hours of 3pm-6pm—the time of day when youth violence, drug use and other delinquent behaviors are most likely to occur. By creating caring youth adult relationships and incorporating service learning into all that they do, they help their All-Stars gain the confidence, skills and role models to become leaders in their community.
The success and growth of ASAS create a need for an experienced, highly talented, deeply committed development professional to build out and strengthen individual, major and corporate fundraising programs in the western region and nationally, from the Los Angeles headquarters.
Reporting to and working closely with the National EVP of Development & Marketing, the VP will:
- Work with the National EVP to strategize, plan, solicit and cultivate major sponsors and donors.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive multi-year development strategy for fundraising efforts that both compliment and support the fundraising efforts and strategies of the national network of 17+ chapters.
- Raise funds primarily from corporations and individuals in order to grow annual revenues in the short term and diversify the funding base for the long-term sustainability of both the organization’s national office and ASAS’ network of chapters.
- Develop strategies and plans for cultivation and solicitation meetings with donors.
- Prepare and distribute needed materials for soliciting funders and sponsors with the support of three development and two marketing team members.
- Maintain relationships over time, including regular communication with all key partners and work with the national programs and marketing teams and local leadership in each market, to ensure that all sponsorship agreements are fulfilled.
- Manage and expand funding partnerships with a few current corporate partners.
- Act as a senior leader and provide development support and counsel for Executive Directors and their Development and Marketing staff members in the areas of corporate, individual and event fundraising.
- Maintain current, accurate records of sponsors and moves management using ASAS’ CRM tool: Salesforce.
Qualifications for this position include: A minimum of 7 years of fundraising leadership experience with demonstrated success in cultivating individual donors and/or corporate cause marketing partnerships. Team building, relationship building, and a collaborative style are important attributes. The VP will be an open, confident, professional who is accessible and flexible. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, as is the ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies. The VP should be an independent and proactive fundraiser, with the ability to work seamlessly as a member of the national team. This position requires some domestic travel and an undergraduate degree is required. Finally, an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated ‘ownership’ of projects, tasks, initiatives, as well as the proven ability to adapt and succeed in an environment of constant change, are all highly desirable qualities we seek in this professional.
ASAS celebrates diversity, is known for high integrity, encourages professional and personal growth and offers freedom to achieve in a healthy work environment.
For additional information, please contact Dave Santore at info[at]moppenheim[dot]com or visit www.moppenheim.com
Go back to our website.